Monday, August 15, 2005

My First Yankee Game


Me
Originally uploaded by Polish Carpetlayer.

There are a few places that baseball fans would like to visit sometime during there fandom. First on that list is Fenway Park. A close second is Wrigley Field. And little bit further down the list is Yankee Stadium. At least that's my list (and it's been my list since I was 5 or 6 years old). I was lucky enough to mark off the Yankee Stadium experience on Monday night. David gave me a call. He had an extra ticket... 12 rows up from home plate. It was a great game. The stadium is a somewhat of a dump and I absolutely hate the Yankees. But, it was still great. I watched one All Star after another get up for the Yankees. Each one a potential hall of famer. The 50,000 fans went crazy when they were happy with there team and even crazier when they were unhappy with them. (Maybe they were just unhappy because they had to pay $6 for a coke). It was hot, it was sweaty and it was great. The game ended, we jumped in the subway car and went home along with the thousands of other fans. And I left with something I didn't bring with me that night... the experience of going to a Yankee game. The worst part was that the Yankees won. Man I hate the Yankees.

No comments: