Sunday, December 18, 2005

Now that’s the Oregon spirit


December 2005
Originally uploaded by Polish Carpetlayer.

Evan and Suzy live in New York (four hours away) but they’re definitely Oregonians (even if Evan was born in New York). They came down for the weekend. We cruised over to midtown, checked out Nolita, walked through Central Park, hiked in upstate, discussed the pros and cons of Gabe’s look sans facial hair and evaluated the state of East Coast beer.

“Man the beer here sucks.” Evan said.

“You’re right. That’s why I always make sure one of my bags for the plane has extra room for some Northwest microbrews.” I quickly replied.

We all agreed that this was a great strategy. I tried to get Evan and Suzy to come out to Bend with us for the New Year’s celebration, but I don’t think it worked. It was great to see them.

No comments: