Sunday, June 18, 2006

A Small Hill



June 18, 2006 037
Originally uploaded by Polish Carpetlayer.

It’s SWVETTTY. I have come to understand the phenomena of hiking inside a sauna. Needless to say, wicking materials in your clothes are a godsend. Unfortunately my underwear contained no such materials on this day. A day that we decided to climb 2,000 feet straight up for 3 constant, non-stop, moisture inducing miles. It was good workout. My sweat glands work. Thank god I put an extra shirt in the car for after the hike.

Me: “So what does the hike look like?”

Michelle: “It goes up.”

Me: “Up huh. How up?”

Michelle: “Straight up. I’d call it a steady incline.”

Me: “Nice.”

Once finished with the hike, we took the scenic route to our favorite hangout in New Paltz, the Gilded Otter Brew Pub. I’m sure they were glad to see us. We ordered some food, a couple beers and listened to a local band as they brutalized a bunch of mid 90’s indie rock tunes. It was great. We couldn’t have been happier. And the music got much better after we had a couple of beers. Or was it after they had a couple of beers.

No comments: