Sunday, May 29, 2005

The City Glows









The city glows at night and melts into the sky on beautiful days. I was lucky enough to see a Broadway play today (Pillow Man) and enjoy a beautiful day with friends (David and Grey). In 2 more weeks I'll be lucky enough to spend that time with Michelle. 7 weeks is a long time. I can only imagine what it must be like for the men and woman who must leave friends and family behind to go fight in war. It must be devastating and frightening and incredibly numbing. This thought puts my time away from Michelle in perspective. All the same, I can't wait to see her amazing soul right in front of my eyes, her arms around my body, her smile, her laugh, her fidgeting, her. 2 more weeks. I had a wonderful day today. I can't wait to share some of those days with my wife.

No comments: