Saturday, May 21, 2005

It Smells Like Beer



It smells like Portland. It smells like a quick journey through the city. I ran into a Farmers Market, a sunny week, the Brooklyn Brewery, a night in the East Village, a massive amount of sleep deprivation, a rainy night, a new apartment and a painting of a dog.

It's funny. I find myself on the other end of the moving equation. Always, I was on the end that tried to convince the person that had moved to a new town (Portland) that that new town kicked so much ass (and it does) that the place they had just moved from paled in comparison. Now I'm on the other end of that equation. People espouse the wonders of NYC to me always, and it is a wonderful place, but it's just one of many wonderful places. My move here has already broadened my world and somehow I feel like the people who have never lived in Portland are missing something. Just like the people that have never lived in NYC are missing something. I'm Evan and Ginger and Gabe and Sarah and all my friends that moved to Portland and there are now many native NY that are serving the place of me. That being said NYC is great and Portland fucking kicks ass! This moving thing is a total trip. There are so many incredible, interesting places. The journey has just begun.

I can’t wait until Michelle joins the journey.

1 comment:

eh said...

dude, you're gonna make me cry. stop it.