Saturday, August 19, 2006

What is it?

Two weeks which is more like 12 days which is more like 2 weddings which is more like a liquor store full of alcohol which is more like a million hugs which is more like a bunch of repressed tears which is more like some not so repressed tears which is more like my home. I had a great time in Oregon. Unfortunately the days ended. Or fortunately… I needed a little sleep. Michelle and I went nonstop for what seemed like a never-ending trip of friendly trips. So now I’m back in NYC and Michelle is a Portland holdover for another two-and-a-half weeks. Nothings shocks your system into knowing what you have until you don’t have it for a while. The amazing thing is, on the whole trip, I didn’t miss NYC at all. Not one bit. I always miss Oregon. That being said, New York has been great for me (and, I believe, Michelle). It’s a great place, but it’s no Oregon. I’ll tell you, it is no Oregon.

No comments: