Monday, September 11, 2006

Not Saddle Sore


July 23, 2006 018
Originally uploaded by Polish Carpetlayer.

Let humidity hang out somewhere down south. Michelle and I don’t want it. And on Sunday, we didn’t have it. It was an absolutely beautiful September Sunday, full of great weather, clear skies and humidity levels that someone from the northwest could appreciate. It was also the perfect day to take our new bikes on a long, long ride.

Some of you may know that we just purchased road bikes (two Trek 2100's) and we are learning the wonders of wheel sets, cranks, carbon forks, saddles, saddle soreness and the like. Yesterday we took our bikes on the North County Trailway, a 22.1 mile paved bike trail just north of New York City, and rode for 35 miles. It was the longest ride we’ve had in the 2 week period we’ve both had bikes. Neither one of us had any problem with the distance and I’m happy to say, I love blowing past those runners on the path.

I don’t see any Tour ‘de Frances in our future, but I can see many long rides together. Of course, Michelle is already talking about “our first 100 mile day”. She can’t wait until we have one, while I’m just happy to be on the bikes together. We’ll see what happens. All I know is that this biking thing has got a future. We can’t wait to do some miles on some of the beautiful Oregon roads.

No comments: