Monday, October 23, 2006

Keith Hernandez Mocks Me


A Fall Week 2006 070
Originally uploaded by Polish Carpetlayer.

This is Keith Hernandez. It’s a poster of him I found in Manhattan this weekend. He’s an old school, legendary Met. And in 1986 he won a World Series ring when the Mets beat the Boston Redsox. His poster is also a brutal reminder of what happened to me last week.

Here it is. I’ll make it short and sweet. Last week the Mets played the Cardinals for the right to go to the World Series. On Thursday starting at 8pm, they played the final and deciding game in NY. It was a great game and I watched it at home, in HDTV, on my couch. Here-in lies the issue, and what makes this a story. A brutal story. At around 7pm Thursday night my phone rang…and I didn’t pick it up. The next day, Friday, an office mate walks up to me, asked why I didn’t answer my phone, and then tells me he called to give me a free ticket to the game. Let me repeat. A free ticket to the 7th game of the National League Championship Series. That’s it. The end. This story is now over.

Keith Hernandez you and your Sunday afternoon poster suck.

No comments: