Monday, June 18, 2007

Looking Back


June 14, 2007

Dear Caspian,

As I sit here on this plane to Portland with DJ Scratch at my feet, I am reminded of our move to New York two years ago. We were full of excitement, fear, hope and agony. Today, I would say, I am the happiest I think I have ever been. New York has been like a strict but loving parent - relentless for our own good. I won't regret a single minute of it. This experience has shaped our lives from here forward.

When we moved you had just started the second step of your successful advertising career. (The first was getting your foot in the door.) Your foot may have turned black and blue in all the time it was stuck in there, the door swinging back and forth; I remember you saying, "If only someone would give me a chance, I know I can do good work!"

Look at you now - A star in your company, high accolades from your peers, opportunities in the que.

I too have been working hard to reach my goals. Now look at me! On my way to graduate school. I knew I could do it, backed by your support and belief in me.

Yeah! Here we are, catching up with those dreams we have been pursuing all this time. The road may have been rocky, full of potholes, blind corners and seemingly endless; but together we're like our trusty Subaru, pulling and pushing each other through those curves.

In the upcoming adventures on hand, I just want you to know how much I love you and how proud I am of you and myself and all that we have accomplished together. I am filled with excitement every morning I wake up to a new day with you. You are my best friend.

Yours truly, forever and ever,
Michelle

1 comment:

Unknown said...

truly beautiful...I can only I hope I get to write a letter like that some day!