Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Bush Visits

So Bush is town for a big shindig at the United Nations. The city is under a cloud of security. Roads are shut down and gridlock ensues, and this city doesn’t deal well with gridlock (unleash the horns). On my way to work yesterday I walked through Madison Park and had to weave my way across Madison Ave through a thick, completely motionless, never ending line of vehicles. Thank god I was walking.

Granted, Bush isn’t the only one in town. A whole host of other dignitaries and heads of states have landed in Manhattan. Lucky us.

This morning I woke up to NPR reporting that, of the 25 largest cities in the United States, NYC is the safest. Now how does that reconcile with the fact that, today, we have Mr. Bush in our city? I guess the safest city data wasn’t collected while he was in NYC, or safe doesn’t mean without war mongers. How many more days do we have left of his presidency? The world is counting the days with us.

No comments: