Monday, September 11, 2006

Yes, We Visited the Vermont Teddy Bear Factory


Vermont Teddy Bear Factory
Originally uploaded by Polish Carpetlayer.

I’m hanging out on my couch (futon) watching the new Monday Night Football game on ESPN (so far I think it was better as the old Monday Night Football on ABC) and trying to decide what I’m going to write about last weeks Labor Day trip up North.

This is what I’ve got to say—Vermont is spartan but awesome. New Hampshire sells liquor at its highway rest stops. Rhode Island is small, I mean really small. Massachusetts is a New England movie set. Connecticut needs to get rid of that Republican light Senator. And New York loves toll roads. Along the way we ran into Paul Reveres’s grave, some micro-brewed Vermont beer and the beginnings of the fall season. Michelle had to stop at the Vermont Teddy Bear Company, just because it would be so un-cool to stop at the Vermont Teddy Bear Company. We went for a bike ride along Lake Champlain and one through Massachusetts into the historic town of Concord. And to top it all off we found an REI in Boston. It was awesome.

No comments: