Wednesday, July 11, 2007

No Mosquitoes Please


Move July 6-10 087
Originally uploaded by Polish Carpetlayer.

I hate mosquitoes. Loath them. Abhor the very fact that they were created. And yet, they love me. LOVE ME. This is a bad relationship. No matter how often I kill them. Yes KILL them, they never stop coming back. I am a culinary delight for them and for some reason they haven’t got the taste for Michelle. So when we set up camp, no matter how late, in some mosquito laden site the flapping of little wings start to buzz around me. I run for the tent, but it is always too late. Those suckers have already sunk there teeth into me. So it was when we pitched our tent late one night at Algonquin Provincial Park in Canada. Beautiful place. Wonderful site. Millions of mosquitoes and a tasty Caspian. We left early in the morning, but I took a few itchy souvenirs with me. Luckily the next place we stayed, Agawa Camp Ground had everything Algonquin had and less (no mosquitoes). Perfect. We’ll see what happens the rest of the trip.

1 comment:

min.D said...

Mosquitoes love me too. Must be the freckles.