Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Turistas Go Home


Turistas Go Home
Originally uploaded by Polish Carpetlayer.

Colby, Sadna and I found this advertisement in Nolita. It's an ad that says, "Come to Brazil," defaced with the spray painted sentence, "Turistas Go Home." Sweet.

Here are a couple more shots we got on that walk.

UPDATE: Full discloser. I just figured out that I was duped (we were all duped in fact) by the Turistas Go Home ads. They, in fact, were not defaced, but designed to look defaced. I think the ads are actually for a movie (a lame horror flick). I debated if I would just pull this post off or leave it up. I guess, right now, I'm deciding to keep it up because it's a good example of how all of us can get taken by advertising, even advertisers. If I'd never of found that this was an ad, I would have thought it was such a cool find, but now that I've found out that it is an ad I feel ripped off. Instead of having real value it's made me walk away from the communication feeling like it was just a cheap trick. A cheap trick that didn't, in the long run, create a good feeling in me for the product (lame horror movie) they were selling. But then again, I'm blogging about the movie so now you know about it. It's just that advertisers need to create ads that don’t just create product awareness, but rather they leave the viewer interested or endeared to the product, not cheated and made to feel like they are gullible idiots. In the end, because of this fact, this is a bad ad campaign.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

C&M,

Thanks for the the stay at your pad in Brooklyn and especially touring us all around. Love the neighborhoods and the street vibe...see you again this weekend in the city, and yes I have a way better camera than you do ;) ...so on the bright side it was never your skills that were lacking...just look at those shots you took...it's time for you to sell some things on Ebay and upgrade! :)