Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Who's Next?


11-12-06 020
Originally uploaded by Polish Carpetlayer.

My transcontinental sister dropped in on us last weekend (ok, it was last last weekend. I know I should have updated the blog earlier) and lived like a New Yorker. She stayed up late, shopped, drank wine, had a sushi dinner delivered to the apartment and put about 45 miles on her walking shoes. She also took advantage of Michelle’s wine discount. She left with 7 bottles of fine wine (no wine coolers or Two Buck Chuck) and one overstuffed duffle bag. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to get 7 bottles of wine and MY SISTER’S five-day-wardrobe into a medium sized duffle bag?!! Tough/busted zipper/I’m sitting on it already to say the least. I’m glad to report that all of the wine made it back to the Northwest unscathed, but I can’t vouch for that stuffed-sausage-on-steroids looking duffle bag.

We loved her company. It wasn’t one of those “I want to be a NY tourists” visits (which we don’t mind either). It was more of a “I just want to hang out” visit. And Autumn is really fun to hang out with. Michelle and I just have one question. Who’s next?

No comments: